BLOKARTING WITH TURFNSURF
Blokarting, it’s sailing on land! Blokarting is an exciting and fast land based activity.
It’s ideally suited to the endlessly long beaches in Bundoran. Blokarts are high tech land yachts which are easy to use; you’ll be speeding down the beach in no time.
Can anyone go Blokarting?
Yes! Almost anyone can go Blokarting. The Blokarts are easy to use and easy to learn. All our Blokarting instructors are fully qualified and will take you through the steps to learn how to sail the kart.
All participants wear a helmet and our instructors will always keep you safe, tailoring lessons to the various participants’ abilities.
Where do we go Blokarting?
Most of our Blokarting sessions take place on Tullan Strand Beach which is located about 2.5km from the Lodge.
What do I need to bring?
We provide all the necessary equipment for your Blokart session; including the kart and a safety helmet.
For this activity wear a pair of leggings or tracksuit pants, a warm coat or hoodie and trainers or good walking shoes.
- Gather at the lodge & meet your instructor
- Transport from the Lodge to the beach in 4X4 Land Rover
- On the beach we go through the main points of Blokarting (land sailing) – controlling your kart, turning and stopping; this is known as the land-drill (about 15 mins)
- At the start you will do figure of 8 tracks to get used to how to sail the kart.
- Depending on the groups’ ability we can then build up to a race between the participants (about 1.5 hours)
- Back to the Lodge
- Tea, Coffee & biscuits back in the dining room at the Lodge
TurfnSurf is a fully insured Blokarting activity provider. We are approved under the British Land Sailing Association (BLSA) and our instructors hold BLSA qualifications. We pride ourselves in providing the highest standard lessons; choosing the safest locations for all activities.
What about the weather?
Blokarting is an outdoors activity and therefore is weather dependent. We need wind at the right strength and in the correct direction.
Lessons may be cancelled if there is insufficient wind or the wind is too strong. We will make this decision on the morning of each activity. We endeavour to always provide the activity but we may cancel because of weather conditions. This is for your safety and to ensure you enjoy your activity.
- 1 Blokart session - €35 per person
- 3 Blokart sessions - €85 per person
- 5 Blokart sessions - €125 per person
- Junior (U16) Blokart session - €25 per child
- 3 Junior (U16) sessions - €70 per child