SEA KAYAKING WITH TURFNSURF
Can anyone go sea kayaking?
Yes, if you want to go sea kayaking we can bring you. There is no need to be an expert in the water - in fact you will not be in the water at all.
Sea Kayaking is an excellent way to take in the wild life and scenery in a relaxed way. All you need is a basic level of fitness and a sense of adventure.
Our sea kayak paddles are always led by a qualified instructor; you wear a life jacket at all times and we never stray too far from the coast. Our paddles are tailored to your abilities and safety is of the upmost important.
Where do we go sea kayaking?
We launch our sea kayaking trips from the Boat Quay in Bundoran, 400m from the Lodge.
The direction of the paddle depends on sea conditions, weather and the ability of the group.
Usually, we stay within Bundoran Bay, exploring sea cliffs, caves and keeping our eyes out for sea birds and dolphins.
What do I need to bring?
All equipment for your paddle - sea kayaks, wetsuits and life vests are all provided.
All you need to bring is a towel and a swimsuit for under your wetsuit. We have a range of sit on top kayaks and sit-in kayaks and double kayaks (which are great for parents and children).
- You will gather at the lodge & meet your instructor(s)
- We’ll then size you for wetsuits.
- You can then change in changing rooms at the Lodge
- We will then transport you from the Lodge to the Boat Quay either on foot or in our 4X4 Land Rovers
- On the Boat Quay we go through the main points of sea kayaking, paddling technique and safety, this is known as the land-drill (about 15 mins)
- Your instructor will then help you launch from the pier.
- You will go for a paddle on the water for about 1.5 hours exploring caves, cliffs and hopefully spotting a dolphin!
- Next you will be out of the water and back to the Lodge
- Change into your clothes in our changing rooms
- Tea, Coffee & biscuits back in the dining room at the Lodge
TurfnSurf is a fully insured sea kayaking activity provider. All our instructors hold current beach lifeguard qualifications. We pride ourselves in providing the highest standard sea kayaking paddles; choosing the safest locations for all activities.
What about the weather?
Like all our activities sea kayaking is weather dependent. Lessons may be cancelled if conditions are considered dangerous by our instructors and/or Killian. We will make this decision on the morning of each activity. We endeavour to always provide the activity but we may cancel because of weather conditions. This is for your safety and to ensure you enjoy your activity.
- The Wee Paddle (1-3 hours) - €35 per person
- All Day Paddle - €65 per person
- Inishmurray Island Overnight Trip - €165 per person
We can tailor a sea kayaking trip to your needs. We can do island hoping or extended paddles. Please call us and we will give you a quote based on your needs.